Your Career Awaits You... Start Today!

MyCAA Funding

If you are the spouse of an Active Duty Service Member, you may be eligible for up to $4000 of Financial Assistance from the Department of Defense (DoD)! This scholarship grant is meant to encourage spouses of military personnel to pursue education, training, licenses, certificates and degrees leading to employment in Portable Career fields. MedCerts offers MyCAA Approved programs, all of which can be accessed anywhere, anytime! Best of all, we specialize in certification programs leading to jobs that are in-demand and portable, both of which are important to military families.

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is sponsored by the Department of Defense and is designed to offer education funding for eligible military spouses. MyCAA is a component of the DoD’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program designed to help eligible military spouses pursue the skills needed for gainful employment in high demand, high growth portable career fields and occupations. If eligible, you can take one of the MedCerts Dual Certification training programs with no out-of-pocket expenses.

Who is eligible for funding?

  • An eligible MyCAA candidate is the spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2.
  • If you are the spouse of National Guard and/or AGR member, the sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS.
  • Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
  • MyCAA accounts will be limited to the new $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2000 fiscal year cap. Waivers to the fiscal year cap will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification with a cost that exceeds the $2,000 fiscal year cap up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
  • Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.
  • Funding is limited to only Associate's degrees, certifications and licensure programs.

How do I establish a MyCAA Account?

Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal online. The first step is to read the MyCAA Fact Sheet, and then a real-time DEERS eligibility check will determine if you are eligible to establish an account. If eligible, you will be required to read and sign the MyCAA Spouse Terms and Conditions Agreement. For guidance with MyCAA Funding, eligible Military Spouse's should contact a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant for assistance. Consultants are available Monday - Friday, 7am-10pm and Saturday 10am - 6pm EST. Consultants can be reached by calling 1-800-342-9647.

For more information view the Military One Source MyCAA FAQ.

MyCAA Application

Click or Call MedCerts® Today at 800-734-1175

Pharmacy Technician Externship


MedCerts has reached a nationwide agreement with Walgreens Pharmacy that will give Pharmacy Technician students an edge when preparing for the PTCE exam, and will set our graduates apart within the job market.


How can we help?

For all current student inquires in regards to Academic Policies, General Information, and Student Material Distribution we recommend that you call 800-734-1175. For more information on how MedCerts can help you, please choose from the following:

MedCerts Merits
    • Approved STEM Jobs school
    • Military Friendly Spouse School
    • Military Spouse Employment Partnership
    • MyCAA Approved School
    • PaYS Partnership for Youth Success School
MedCerts Partners
  • nha Logo New for Partners

  • HCEA
  • HHTraining
  • Live Mentors
  • CompTIA