Inside Look: ASHP Pharmacy Technician Certification Program
Next time you go into a pharmacy, take a look around. There’s more than just a pharmacist in the back mixing up meds.
Without the help of pharmacy technicians, pharmacists would have a hard time filling all the prescription requests efficiently. Each day, these technicians help pharmacists get medication to customers and health professionals in a timely manner.
Sound interesting? Here’s some insight into our 36-week pharmacy technician program:
MedCerts Pharmacy Technician Training Benefits
- ASHP Accredited - The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) accredited the MedCerts Pharmacy Technician Program. This is the gold standard for the pharmacy technician industry.
- Sim Kit Included - To best learn, hands-on experience is a must. That’s why our ASHP pharmacy technician program includes a simulation kit. You’ll learn tasks like hazardous waste disposal, prescription processing, and sterile and non-sterile compounding — all from the comfort of your home.
- Flexibility - The program offers 100% online certification training with 24/7 access to video content and course curriculum.
- Respected network of partners - Get 160 hours of externship experience with one of our nationwide partners: Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, or other local employers.
- One-on-one support - You’ll always have mentoring support to lean on throughout the program when you have questions about course content.
High Demand for Pharmacy Technicians
Pharmacy technicians are key support staff in helping a pharmacy run smoothly. Pharmacies are busier than ever due to an increased need for prescription meds and an aging population.
Here’s a look at why you may want to consider this high-demand career:
- Job Security - With a faster than average job growth in this field, pharmacy techs will have job security and even more opportunities as the pharmaceutical industry grows.
- Solid Salary - Median annual wages for pharmacy technicians are about $31,750. The highest 10% earned nearly $47,000 annually in 2017.
- Work Settings Vary - You don’t have to just work in a typical chain pharmacy. You can work inside hospitals, big-box retailers, independent drug stores, and more.
Pharmacy Technician Training is Waiting
Ready to jump-start your career in the pharmacy world? What are you waiting for? Enroll today in our ASHP Pharmacy Technician Program!
Want to learn more about being a pharmacy technician? Reach out to one of our experienced education consultants today!
Do you want to discuss your career path?
Request a FREE consultation with one of our Education Consultants.
- Fully online training
- One-on-one orientation and support
- Career services
- Exam fees included
- Short-term programs
If you are a military spouse or your training is provided through the Workforce Innovation and
Opportunity Act (WIOA), you may be eligible for financial assistance to cover all or some of your