The PC Technician program provides comprehensive training for students who wish to prepare for the two exams that make up the A+ Certification: CompTIA A+ Essentials and CompTIA A+ Practical Application. Students will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to perform the following tasks on personal computer hardware and operating systems: installation, PC building, system upgrades, repair, system configuration, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, and preventative maintenance. Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared for an international, vendor-neutral certification in a growing and in-demand field. The registration cost to sit for each of these exams one time is covered by MedCerts.
- 24/7 Access to curriculum, including video content, and all course/program supplements and resources for independent study
- Live one-on-one online mentoring support is available Monday-Thursday (8:30am-8pm ET), Friday (8:30am-6pm ET) for subject matter inquiries
- Expert-led video-based training is the primary method of learning, with secondary methods which may include software demos, simulations, quizzes and final exams, and more
- MedCerts programs are self-paced, with a suggested minimum number of chapters per week defined for each student
- Welcome Package that contains access to online textbooks & workbooks, course schedules, logins, and may include Flash Cards, Quick Reference Study Sheets, and/or textbooks that have been authored & published by MedCerts
- Training delivered on a cutting edge Learning Management System (LMS)
- All students receive a personalized one-on-one New Student Orientation prior to beginning their program
- Access to all training material is provided for a full 12 months, for exam preparation, regardless of the duration of the program
- MedCerts Student Support Coordinators are highly skilled, trained and certified, supportive professionals who truly care about your success
- Communication is key! Student progress is monitored on a DAILY BASIS. Personalized assistance is provided by Student Services to Off-Track students
- MedCerts provides Exam Preparation Guides to students upon completion of their program
- Upon completion, students may participate in a one-on-one Exam Preparation Session with a subject matter specialist to prepare for their national Certification Exam(s)
- Our dedicated Certification Exam Coordinator can help each student locate an exam test site and assist with the registration process from start to finish
- MS-6000 Microsoft Office Series III:
This set of courses will provide the range of skills needed to create professional-quality documents and effectively communicate and collaborate within an office environment. The content covered includes how to create, edit and enhance documents in Microsoft Word, how to organize, calculate and analyze information in Microsoft Excel, how to exchange information and manage activities in Microsoft Outlook, and how to create effective and robust presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint. Additional skills will include how to create and format various types of diagrams with Microsoft Visio and how to collaborate effectively with the use of Office 365 Web Apps, OneDrive, and Skype for Business.
- IT-2012 A+ Comprehensive:
A+ Comprehensive is a complete and thorough review of all A+ learning objectives. In this module, students receive a blended learning approach that combines Security, Networking, Operating Systems, IT Operations, Troubleshooting, and Technical Support into one singular course. Students gain the necessary competencies of an entry-level IT professional. This course provides training focused on the fundamentals of computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism now required of all entry-level IT professionals. This course focuses on scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be utilized to resolve problems. Students gain critical hands-on experience through a comprehensive series of Performance Based Exam Prep Simulations. These simulations are a mixture of Operating System and Application Training Demonstrations, Interactive Graphic Windows Exercises, Interactive Command-Line Windows Exercises, and Interactive Configuration and Identification Exercises. The simulations are blended into the training, to provide reinforcement of topics, as well as to provide the critical “hands-on” learning experience necessary to gain competency.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (A+)
A+ Certification is the computer industry recognized credential that certifies the competency of PC Service Specialists. It is sponsored by CompTIA - the Computing Technology Industry Association, and tests are administered by Prometric. This certification program is backed by over 50 Major computer hardware and software manufacturers, vendors, distributors, resellers, and publications. Certification provides a wealth of benefits to any person seeking a job in the computer industry.
To achieve A+ Certification students must pass both the A+ Essentials and the A+ Practical Application Exams.
Skills Measured by CompTIA A+ Certification
Key knowledge areas and skill sets measured by the CompTIA A+ certification exam include:
- A+ certified professionals understand the fundamentals of computer technology, networking, and IT security.
- A+ certified professionals understand operating system (OS) functionality and troubleshooting methodology.
- A+ certified professionals can identify hardware, peripheral, networking, and security components.
- A+ certified professionals can categorize various types of storage devices and backup media.
- A+ certified professionals can explain the types and features of motherboard components.
- A+ certified professionals know how to perform proper computer safety procedures and best practices.
- A+ certified professionals possess practical interpersonal communication skills to better interact with colleagues.
- A+ certified professionals can install, configure, upgrade and maintain PC workstations, the Windows OS, and SOHO networks.
- A+ certified professionals can install and configure input devices, such as mouse, keyboard, biometric devices & touch screens.
- A+ certified professionals can use a variety of troubleshooting techniques and tools to effectively resolve PC, OS, and network connectivity issues.
Program Components, Equipment, and Courseware
MedCerts provides all required courseware, student guides, study guides and other program supplements and resources. In addition to the online video content, students will be provided access to all relevant labs and online/offline resources as necessary to complete the program.
Students must have (or have access to) a computer with high-speed internet (minimum 1.5Mbs), and a moni-tor with minimum screen resolution of 1024 X 768.
Attainable IT Positions
- PC Technician
- Technology Specialist
- Desktop Support Specialist
- Helpdesk Technician/Analyst
- Technical Writer
- Technical Support
- Check or Charge
- Education Loans available for everyone
- WIOA/TAA/Vocational Rehabilitation