IT Network Technician
The IT Network Technician program provides students with the skills and competence to advance their career in Information Technology. Earning Network+ Certification means that the student has the knowledge needed to use and maintain a wide range of networking technologies and validates their proficiency in networking administration and support. Developed by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), the program is supported by industry leaders such as Microsoft, Dell, Hewlett-Packard and Novell.
- 24/7 Access to curriculum, including video content, and all course/program supplements and resources for independent study
- Live one-on-one online mentoring support is available Monday-Thursday (8:30am-8pm ET), Friday (8:30am-6pm ET) for subject matter inquiries
- Expert-led video-based training is the primary method of learning, with secondary methods which may include software demos, simulations, quizzes and final exams, and more
- MedCerts programs are self-paced, with a suggested minimum number of chapters per week defined for each student
- Welcome Package that contains access to online textbooks & workbooks, course schedules, logins, and may include Flash Cards, Quick Reference Study Sheets, and/or textbooks that have been authored & published by MedCerts
- Training delivered on a cutting edge Learning Management System (LMS)
- All students receive a personalized one-on-one New Student Orientation prior to beginning their program
- Access to all training material is provided for a full 12 months, for exam preparation, regardless of the duration of the program
- MedCerts Student Support Coordinators are highly skilled, trained and certified, supportive professionals who truly care about your success
- Communication is key! Student progress is monitored on a DAILY BASIS. Personalized assistance is provided by Student Services to Off-Track students
- MedCerts provides Exam Preparation Guides to students upon completion of their program
- Upon completion, students may participate in a one-on-one Exam Preparation Session with a subject matter specialist to prepare for their national Certification Exam(s)
- Our dedicated Certification Exam Coordinator can help each student locate an exam test site and assist with the registration process from start to finish
- MS-6000 Microsoft Office Series III:
This set of courses will provide the range of skills needed to create professional-quality documents and effectively communicate and collaborate within an office environment. The content covered includes how to create, edit and enhance documents in Microsoft Word, how to organize, calculate and analyze information in Microsoft Excel, how to exchange information and manage activities in Microsoft Outlook, and how to create effective and robust presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint. Additional skills will include how to create and format various types of diagrams with Microsoft Visio and how to collaborate effectively with the use of Office 365 Web Apps, OneDrive, and Skype for Business.
- IT-2013 Network+
Network+ builds on existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present fundamental skills and concepts that students will use on the job in any type of networking career. This course is designed to provide network technicians with the foundation-level skills they need to install, operate, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a corporate network. This course will help prepare students for the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 certification exam. CompTIA recommends students have CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent experience prior to attempting the N10-006 exam. As in the A+ Comprehensive course, students gain critical hands-on experience through a series of Performance Based Exam Prep Simulations. These simulations are a mixture of Operating System and Application Training Demonstrations, Interactive Graphic Windows Exercises, Interactive Command-Line Windows Exercises, and Interactive Configuration and Identification Exercises. The simulations are blended into the training to provide reinforcement of topics, as well as to provide the critical “hands-on” learning experience necessary to gain competency.
Program Components, Equipment, and Courseware
MedCerts provides all required courseware, student guides, study guides and other program supplements and resources. In addition to the online video content, students will be provided access to lab simulations to complete the program.
Students must have (or have access to) a computer with high-speed internet (minimum 1.5Mbs), and a monitor with minimum screen resolution of 1024 X 768.
- Network +
Network + Certification is the computer industry recognized credential that certifies the competency of Network Technicians. It is sponsored by CompTIA - the Computing Technology Industry Association, and tests are administered by Prometric. This certification program is backed by over 50 Major computer hardware and software manufacturers, vendors, distributors, resellers, and publications. Certification provides a wealth of benefits to any person seeking a job in the computer industry.
Skills Measured by Network+ Certification
Here are some of the key skills covered in the CompTIA Network+ certification exam:
- Manage and troubleshoot a basic network infrastructure
- Install, operate and configure wired and wireless networks
- Identify and explain common networking protocols and ports
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and connectivity issues
- Install, configure and differentiate between common network devices
- Describe networking technologies and basic network design principles
- Adhere to wiring standards and use modern network testing tools
Attainable IT Positions
- Network Technician
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Network Installer
- Help Desk Technician
- IT Cable Installer
- Check or Charge
- Education Loans available for everyone
- WIOA/TAA/Vocational Rehabilitation