Medical Front Office Administration Specialist
The Medical Front Office Administration Specialist program is designed to equip the student with the skills necessary to provide excellent support in a Medical Office environment and the knowledge to achieve the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) certification. The registration cost to sit for this exam one time is covered by MedCerts. Students will be provided comprehensive training that will prepare them for entry into employment within the Medical Office fields.
- 24/7 Access to curriculum, including video content, and all course/program supplements and resources for independent study
- Live one-on-one online mentoring support is available Monday-Thursday (8:30am-8pm ET), Friday (8:30am-6pm ET) for subject matter inquiries
- Expert-led video-based training is the primary method of learning, with secondary methods which may include courseware (text/workbooks), software demos, quizzes and final exams, and more
- MedCerts programs are self-paced, with a suggested minimum number of chapters per week defined for each student
- Welcome Package that contains access to online textbooks & workbooks, course schedules, logins, and may include Flash Cards, Quick Reference Study Sheets, and/or textbooks that have been authored & published by MedCerts
- Training delivered on a cutting edge Learning Management System (LMS)
- All students receive a personalized one-on-one New Student Orientation prior to beginning their program
- Access to all training material is provided for a full 12 months, for exam preparation, regardless of the duration of the program
- MedCerts Student Support Coordinators are highly skilled, trained and certified, supportive professionals who truly care about your success
- Communication is key! Student progress is monitored on a DAILY BASIS. Personalized assistance is provided by Student Services to Off-Track students
- MedCerts provides Exam Preparation Guides to students upon completion of their program
- Upon completion, students may participate in a one-on-one Exam Preparation Session with a subject matter specialist to prepare for their national Certification Exam(s)
- Our dedicated Certification Exam Coordinator can help each student locate an exam test site and assist with the registration process from start to finish
- HI-1011 Medical Office Procedures & Administration:
This course will introduce the student to the Healthcare industry, its environment, and the day to day skills and knowledge required to fulfill a position as a Medical Administrative Assistant. Modules include Professional Behavior, Communication, Law and Ethics, Law and Medicine, Daily Operations, Telephone Techniques, Appointment Scheduling, Correspondence, Computers, HIPAA Regulations, Records Management, Information Management, Basics of Coding, Health Insurance Basics, Professional Fees, Accounting and Bookkeeping, Banking and Financial Management, Practice Management, Marketing and Customer Service.
- MS-4000 Microsoft Office Series II:
This set of courses will provide the range of skills needed to create professional-quality documents and effectively communicate within an office environment. The content covered includes how to create, edit and enhance documents in Microsoft Word, how to organize, calculate and analyze information in Microsoft Excel, how to exchange information and manage activities in Microsoft Outlook, and how to create effective and robust presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- HI-1014 Human Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology:
This course is designed to familiarize the student with the language of medicine, through the study of prefixes, suffixes, root words, abbreviation, and pronunciation of words. The curriculum also includes an overview of anatomy and physiology in order to increase the understanding of medical vocabulary. Students will examine the organization of the integumentary, musculoskeletal, hematic, lymphatic and immune, and cardiovascular systems in the human body. They will become familiar with the medical terms that relate to the respiratory, digestive, nervous, endocrine, reproductive, and excretory systems. Students will also examine terms related to the sensory organs, with a concentration on the organs for hearing, sight, and smell. This course will prepare students to better understand spoken and written interactions in all medical environments.
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
The Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) credential is offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA). CMAAs are responsible for various administrative duties and often have direct patient contact. It demonstrates the ability to perform routine administrative tasks in a physicians' office, nursing home, hospital or clinic to keep it running efficiently.
As a CMAA you may perform some of the following tasks:
- Operate computer systems or other types of technology to accomplish office tasks
- Greeting patients and helping them fill out forms
- Submit claims for reimbursement based on payer policies and procedures
- Update and maintain patient and other practice information
- Coordinate the collection and preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance
By attaining CMAA certification, students validate their training and competence, and assure allied health employers that they are qualified for entry-level positions. Furthermore, hospitals, physicians’ offices, nursing homes and other healthcare facilities may give preference to candidates with medical administrative assistant certification.
Attainable Healthcare Positions
- Patient Services Representative
- Patient Centered Care Coordinator
- Health and Medical Administrative Services
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Office Assistant/Specialist
- Medical Reception/Receptionist
- Front Desk Representative
- Medical Administrative/Executive Assistant and Medical Secretary
- Health and Medical Administrative Services, Other
- Check or Charge
- Education Loans available for everyone
- WIOA/TAA/Vocational Rehabilitation
- MyCAA funding for Military Spouses